The Dutchman is Now online!
Mine Gold from anywhere in the world!
Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine Virtual Edition
The Dutchman is now online
Most organizations have adopted the virtual work environment at different levels. This new-normal phase made us ponder on the challenges a virtual set-up brings to organizations. Aspects like team collaboration, communications and productivity improvement require mindset shifts. With an intent to address these challenges, Performance Management Company worked to transform The Search for The Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine and design it for this new age.
As a brand-new version, Lost Dutchman – Virtual contains all the philosophies, fundamentals, engaging fun and powerful debriefing points that exist in the original, live version of the game. We’ve gone to great lengths to retain the interactivity, group involvement, balance and overall group goals, objectives, and learning outcomes in the transition to this virtual model!
Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine Virtual Edition Introduction
What makes Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine Virtual Edition a perfect remote or hybrid organizational development game?
- Use with any video chat software on the market, such as Zoom, Slack, and Skype, allowing for live video chat among participants and the facilitator.
- Participants don’t need to download any software as LD-V runs on a web-based platform and is available for use on the most popular web-browsers such as
- Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine – Virtual offers an optimized platform, allowing for even basic computer systems with a single monitor to participate in the game.
- The platform has an integrated text chat box for communication between teams, individuals, and the facilitator.
- Each participant has their own interactive screen and are able to be fully involved in decisions within the team and can fully participate in the experience.
- Participants have assigned roles within teams, however each team member has the ability to interact and make decisions for the team during the game allowing the team and game to continue even in the event of a disconnect of one or more players during the exercise.
Debriefing and Data
- All the core values and key learning points from the Live version of Lost Dutchman are still present, with added debriefing points focused around the challenges and opportunities presented by working in remote workplace environments.
- The facilitator now has access to data not available in the live version, such as in-depth team map movement tracking, communication between teams, trades made, and resources shared between or among teams and more.
- All information and data are readily available for the debriefing. We’ve included an easy-to-use debriefing package allowing for the facilitator to easily see the overall game progress, as well as how and when teams communicated, how they played the game, and tips on how they can use this information to achieve desired outcomes for the organization during the debriefing.
Ease of Use
- Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine Virtual Edition has a simple, user-friendly and intuitive interface that allows participants to hit the ground running with no prior training or knowledge of the game prior to the exercise.
- The platform offers an Expedition Leader certification course designed to train-the-trainer so the game can easily be run in-house or through an experienced facilitator.
Experience Lost Dutchman in its new avatar with better optimized takeaways and similar energy and excitement found within the within the original Dutchman on-site (classroom) version!
Whether you’ve experienced Lost Dutchman in the past or are looking for a fun, interactive and engaging team building exercise that is full of learning outcomes for your organization, The Search for The Lost Dutchman’s Gold Mine Virtual Edition will surely meet your expectations and beyond!
Get all your questions about LD-V answered by clicking here to request a demonstration.
Performance Management Blog
Ideas on People and Performance, Team Building, Motivation and Innovation
Employee Engagement! People make it seem as if it was some kind of action that is separate from...
I was asked to write about how does teamwork influence Design Thinking for a newsletter and I...
While it may appear that I'm going out on a limb in responding to the quest for the best, years of...